RE: What steps do you guys follow during AC Maintenance on residential Equipment
With Cooling season approaching my companies cooling tune-ups are going to be in full force. My question for you guys is how do you approach your cooling tune-ups?
- How long is the average visit?
- how long do you spend in the house
- do you charge extra for chemical clean and rinse?
- if the blower wheel on the furnace/ah is dirty is it an extra cost to the customer to clean
- How deep do you go with cfm measurements? is a simple static check with blower chart good enough or do you pull out the toys (hotwire,Vane ect)
I am a new apprentice and my company is a rather large outfit with a lot of maintenance plans so just trying to see how I can improve
1. It depends on who is doing it, we have guys that pencil whip and some spend the night. Average is 30 to 45 minutes, longer for attic units.
2. In house? Like chatting with the customer?
3. Water is free, serious chemicals cost. If acceptable, simple green is free.
4. Blower wheel cleaning cost.
5. Don’t usually measure cfm.